Kelp app is a web application that runs in a browser and provides interactive functionality to its users. Kelp app is data-driven application
Application has an owner, typically the user who created it. And it can be shared with other users.
App layers - Application (?), Layout, Schema
- Components (ports, configuration)
There are three groups of components in the library:
- Kelp Components section contains default components pre-installed for every Kelp user.
- My Components - is a list of more complex custom components created by User from default components.
- Community Components are components installed from Marketplace.
Components are split up by type:
- Visual components (widgets) are visual elements of your App UI, including graphs, variety of charts, cards, control and navigation elements etc. All widgets in Kelp are interactive
- Functional components -
- System components
- types (regular vs qPort)
Data source connections vs components connections
- Data Gateway
- Data Transformation